0

Memphis: Neely's BBQ

on Sunday, February 22, 2009 in , , , , , , ,
I was recently in Memphis, TN and looking to sample some good BBQ. I don't eat pork so my options are limited to Brisket and Chicken at most BBQ places. While traveling on business I also don't have a lot of time so I needed to find some good food fast.

Many of the locals have pointed out Neely's to me as being the place to check out. Many of you might be familiar with the Neelys because of their popular shows on the Food Network. Even prior to their fame on the network they have been putting out some great food in Tennessee for years. Here is a link to their website and menu items. Given my tight travel schedule I had to sample the food at their airport location.

Many of you would suspect an airport location might be a bit sketchy. Well, forget about the myths of airport food. The line was huge, and I wondered if it going to be worth the wait. Let's put it this way; after waiting in line for a while, the next time I get to the Memphis airport I am going straight to Neely's, and again as I head out! I would even miss my flight to get some of that stuff!

I had the brisket sandwich smothered in their bbq sauce which was just awesome. I am not a bbq expert but I do know enough about good food and flavor to say this joint is worth the trip into Memphis. For $8.00 give this a shot and skip the other same ol' airport dining options when in Memphis. You won't be disappointed.

Jim Neely's Interstate Barbecue on Urbanspoon

0 Comments