1

Naples: Blu Sushi

on Sunday, February 22, 2009 in , , , , , , ,
This time around, I am in Naples, FL visiting some customers. While anywhere this close to the open water I like find good seafood. What better cuisine to sample seafood then Sushi?

I asked some of my customers where might be a good place and they all recommended Blu Sushi. Blu Sushi has a couple of locations and I was staying very close to their Naples location. Click here for link to the site and menu.

The decor is ultra hip with blue neon lights, of couse. They seem to have good drink specials to lure in the happy hour crowd. For dinner you find well-dressed folks looking to grab a bite before they paint the town. Looked like a pretty happening date scene, too. This definitely seemed like it was a popular joint with the locals. The menu has a wide selection of Japanese dishes and of course some really original sushi rolls.

I was with a group so I had the pleasure of ordering a lot of menu items. My faves included the following rolls:

Blu Special
Crab and cucumber wrapped in avocado and topped with baked scallops and shrimp in a cream sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds, served hot.

Lava Drops
Crab chopped and mixed with spicy mayo, a hint of cream cheese, cut and individually tempura dipped and deep fried each brushed with sweet eel sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds.

LoyalTV.com
Tuna chopped in hot sriracha sauce with flying fish roe, cucumber, avocado and tamago wrapped in soypaper, cut into quarters and served with a side of our spicy ponzu sauce.

This is totally my kind of place. I like the fun, energized atmosphere and more importantly, the food was really good. Original rolls and fresh ingredients led to a great night out with co-workers. Plan on about $20 per head when with a group of 4.
BLU Sushi on Urbanspoon

1 Comments


I can still remember that moment like it was yesterday. It was Thanksgiving Day, and I was six years old, ready to tackle the feast laid out in front of me. I loved everything about Thanksgiving; the smells, the time spent with family, and especially the food.
sushi Naples