0

Munich: La Barraca

on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 in ,
I am very expressive for my distaste for German food. It's bland, looks funky and consists typically of fallic looking pieces of meat aka sausages. My dear German colleagues are aware of my feelings here and demonstrate their hospitality by making sure they take me out to Munich's best eateries.

The latest is La Barraca an Italian joint that has a really unique concept. It's a tapas style dining environment and all the orders are done by individual diners on iPads. You never speak to wait staff other than bringing out your food . The iPad menu is extremely easy to use and complete with pictures. problem is you can't really customize your requests and you can't order drinks based on your preference. But I found myself engulfed with the interactive menu. Now, the food is fantastic as well. I ordered the lasagna, grilled shrimp, gnocchi, and minestrone soup, all were delicious.

I highly recommend this place if you are in the Munich area. Hip, innovative and delicious.


0 Comments